10 ways to Start Fresh For the New Year
1. Don’t try to read other peoples’ minds and don’t expect others to be able to read yours. Communicate if it is important to you.
2. Don’t expect to be friends with everyone. We all are different – and we all like different things. Instead, invest your time in a few good friends. That’s all you really need to feel happy and fulfilled.
3. Create a budget and live within your means. Accruing lots of debt will only cause you to feel stressed.
4. Kil off the monster of jealousy – and only compare yourself with yourself.
5. Organize your clutter and get rid of excess stuff. It will leave you feeling calmer, and will save you lots of time!
6. Stay on the sidelines and don’t get drawn into pointless scenes and dramas in other peoples’ lives (unless it’s a crisis – and you know you ought to help).
7. Finish what you’ve started – and then do something else.
8. Treat every person you meet with respect, and on the side of being gentle and kind.
9. Accept that there are things that you can’t change or control – and focus on those things that you can change or control.
10. Admit when you were wrong, then say you’re sorry, and move on.